GRASS ISN'T ALWAYS GREENER
With so many environmental benefits, artificial turf is naturally a green product. Learn more about how the benefits outweigh natural grass.
- Saves millions of gallons of water annually
- Eliminates dangerous chemicals, pesticides, and fertilizers
- Eliminates the need for pollution - producing mowing equipment
- Contributes towards U.S. Green Building Council
LEED 2009 NEW CONSTRUCTION AND MAJOR RENOVATIONS
- We Credit 1.1 Water Efficient Landscaping: Reduce by 50%
- We Credit 1.2: Water Efficient Landscaping: No Potable Water Use or No Irrigation (1 Point in addition to WE Credit 1.1)
Materials & Resources
- MR Credit 5.1: Regional Materials: 10% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (1 point)
- MR Credit 5.2: Regional Materials: 20% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (1 point in addition to MR Credit 5.1)
INSTALLING SYNTHETIC TURF IS A POSITIVE MOVE FOR WATER CONSERVATION
Residential landscape irrigation is estimated to end up using nearly 9 billion gallons of water daily.
In some regions, outdoor water use can account for up to 70 percent of Edmonton resident's water usage. Between 30,000 and 70,000 gallons of water per year is consumed to water a 1,000 square foot lawn.
AND IT WILL SAVE MONEY
For a 1,000 sq ft job, this can mean a savings of 70,000 gallons annually, or as much as $350 off the water bill, on its own. Our residential landscape products are warrantied for 15 years, so during the entire life of the lawn, a resident will save about $5,250 in water cost.
The mean cost of fertilizers and pesticides for residential spaces in Edmonton is $0.20 square foot every year. For a 1,000 square foot backyard, that equates to savings of $200 per year, or $3000 throughout the life of the lawn.
ELIMINATE WASTE AND TIME SPENT ON MAINTENANCE
The EPA forecasts that, generally, 33.2 million tons of yard trimmings were generated every year, the third-largest component of Municipal Solid Waste in landfills. The ordinary resident spends 150 hours each year keeping up the lawn. Synthetic turf eliminates that need.